What The Doctors Are Saying...
Stephen Thornton, M.D. talks about what it is like to work at TIS.
I believe the Texas Institute for Surgery is one of the premier surgical hospitals in the country.
The operating rooms are simply outstanding. The combination of advanced technology and state-of-the art instrumentation create the ideal setting for our renowned surgeons. Exceptional surgeons demand the best --- and we have spent years designing this facility to allow us to provide the best patient care.
Texas Institute for Surgery is both a beautiful and inviting facility. Patients and family may feel at home in the comfortable waiting area watching the plasma TV, browsing the internet, or just relaxing by the soothing water wall. An extensive art collection, comfortable furnishings, and well-appointed patient rooms and overnight suites further enhance the patient experience.
On arriving, patients are often impressed by the beauty of the facility. On departing, they come to realize that it is the people which truly distinguish the Texas Institute for Surgery At Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas.
The surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, and staff are indeed exceptional. The best facilities attract the top talent, and this is evident throughout our hospital. We are especially proud of our dedicated and caring nurses and staff and all that they do to make our patients' stay as safe and relaxing as possible.
Steven J. White, MD
Texas Institute for Surgery has provided our practice with an outstanding surgical facility for both inpatients and outpatients. Being a brand new facility, TIS is designed for patient comfort and safety, as well as, efficiency of overall care. The state of the art operating rooms are equipped with current technology, including computers, imaging devices, endoscopic equipment, audio-visual capabilities and modern anesthetic equipment and surgical instrumentation. Additionally, the physical layout is aesthetically pleasing and comfortable. However, the most important feature is a staff that is professional, competent and caring, providing quality patient care and outstanding support for the physicians, surgeons and anesthesiologists.
Harlan Pollock MD
The Texas Institute for Surgery provides excellent care for my surgical patients.
The nurses and staff go out of their way to make my patients feel comfortable and
welcome. My patients have been very pleased with the efficiency and courtesy that
characterizes TIS. The operating rooms
Bruce R. Beavers, M.D.
I am very pleased to provide my comments regarding the facility. I'm sure that I have expressed this previously but the reason that I'm so pleased, pure and simple, is that the center is manned by the best group of health care professionals that I have ever worked with. As you know I have worked at the facility for some time now, and the strength of my feelings on this subject have only increased over time. To enumerate my observations and opinions:
1. The staff uniformly approach their jobs in a wonderfully kind and very professional manner. The care that my patients receive day in and day out is absolutely superb in every respect. The nurses, to a person, approach the patients in a friendly, helpful, professional manner and you can just see how much the patients appreciate this. Furthermore, the nurses are all excellent at communicating to me specific issues or questions about my patients.
2. The nursing staff are all very in tune to both the general needs of the patient as well as the specific needs of pain patients. I have such comfort with them watching over my patients because I have come to have such confidence in their ability to not only watch them carefully but also to communicate to me any concerns that they may have. Indeed, I have to say there have been several occasions where the nurses will pick up something specific about one of our patients that had theretofore been missed. An example is that they have picked up on occasion that a patient is on a certain anti-coagulant that would effect the risk level of their upcoming procedure. The patient may not have related such information before, but the alert nurses doing their full intake evaluation did indeed note the med. Then the key is not only recording the med but being very alert to the specific med and promptly relating that to me.
3. Post procedure the situation is the same, meaning that the nurses watch our patients very carefully for any potential problems that may arise. They check the patients carefully before discharge. Furthermore, they will always communicate promptly with me if the patient is experiencing any undue discomfort.
4. The excellence is not limited to the nursing staff. Clearly, it is at every level and department there. The radiology techs are definitely the best that I have ever worked with. Not only are they excellent in their respective positions, approaching them in the same professional manner that the nursing staff do, but they are always very happy to help out in any way that they can. No matter what I ask of them, they seem only to happy to help with. They help set up the rooms, help working with the patients, help clean up afterwards - really just anything that needs to be done.
5. I would also note how much I appreciate the business office staff. In addition to being very professional, friendly, and efficient when working with my patients, they also will do anything they can to help make my day more efficient as well.
6. When I see such consistency in terms of professional excellence, that to me means not only are the individual staff committed fully to their jobs but that the supervision and administration are there establishing the overall policies and procedures. Indeed, such consistency absolutely points to an administration that is geared and committed to setting and overseeing the high standards that are manifest.
All in all it should be pretty obvious that I am pleased with the facility. It is just an absolute pleasure to go to work there and I look forward to each day that I am there. In addition to being very pleased with their professional care of my patients, I like to consider them friends as well. It is just very easy to like people who are friendly, helpful, and professional. I consider myself lucky to be involved with such an excellent institution.
I have had the pleasure of working in multiple hospitals in my life. After 32 years, I feel that I have found my home. The nursing staff in the recovery room and operating room, along with in and out patient surgery is outstanding.
They have my highest respect. I am delighted to have been included in this group of outstanding medical professionals.
James B. Montgomery, M.D.
A number of my patients have commented on what great facility TIS is and the positive experience they had when they had surgery here. I have found it a pleasure to work at TIS. Keep up the good work.
John Gilmore, MD
During my 18 years of private practice as an orthopedic surgeon, the Texas Institute for Surgery is the finest facility I have ever worked in. Equipped with the most advanced instrumentation and equipment, and staffed by a team of highly trained compassionate and experienced nurses, the Texas Institute for Surgery is perhaps the finest specialty hospital in the country and fosters the highest quality of patient care.
Scott O. Paschal, M.D.